Resources for teaching LR etc
Building evidence into education< Back to search results
- Format Texts
- Language/s English
- Target Audience Schools, Self-directed learning
- EBM Stage 0 - Why EBM?, 5 - Evaluating your performance
- Duration >15 mins
- Difficulty Advanced
Key Concepts addressed
- 2-1a Comparison groups should be similar
- 2-1d People should not know which treatment they get
- 2-1h Peoples' outcomes should be analyzed in their original groups
- 3-2a Do the outcomes measured matter to you?
- 3-2c Are the treatments practical in your setting?
- 1-3c Expert opinion is not always right
- 2-3c Average measures of effects can be misleading
- 1-2e Comparisons are needed to identify treatment effects
- 1-2f Consider all of the relevant fair comparisons
Ben Goldacre, March 2013
I think there is a huge prize waiting to be claimed by teachers. By collecting better evidence about what works best, and establishing a culture where this evidence is used as a matter of routine, we can improve outcomes for children, and increase professional independence.