Resources for teaching LR etc
Effectiveness Delusions< Back to search results
- Format Cartoons
- Language/s English
- Target Audience Self-directed learning
- EBM Stage 3 - Appraising evidence
- Duration <5 mins
- Difficulty Intermediate
Key Concepts addressed
- 1-3c Expert opinion is not always right
- 3-2c Are the treatments practical in your setting?
- 2-3e Subgroup analyses may be misleading
To inoculate yourself against “significant” effects that might not improve health, have a look at papers by Ioannidis and Gotzsche. Want to know more about the risks of relying only on biomarkers? Here’s an explanation of their pitfalls at PubMed Health.
Text reproduced from http://statistically-funny.blogspot.co.uk/. Cartoons are available for use, with credit to Hilda Bastian.