Resources for teaching LR etc
HealthTalk: People’s experiences of clinical trials< Back to search results
- Format Videos, Websites
- Language/s English
- Target Audience Self-directed learning
- Duration >15 mins
- Difficulty Introductory
Key Concepts addressed
- Beware of claims like these
- Check the evidence from treatment comparisons
- Make well-informed treatment choices
Badged as providing “information and support from other people, in the same situation”, HealthTalkOnline is based on comprehensive interviews with real life patients. Videos are organised into topics and themes to make it easy to find what you’re looking for.
The information about tests of treatments is contained in :
- Clinical trials, including finding out about trials, deciding whether to take part in one, being in a trial and at the end of a trial.
- Parents’ experiences of having their children take part in trials
- Children’s experiences of being in trials
- Profiles of the people who took part in interviews.