Finding and appraising qualitative evidence
It’s just a phase< Back to search results
- Format Lessons
- Language/s English
- Target Audience Further education
- EBM Stage 0 - Why EBM?
- Duration 5-15 mins
- Difficulty Intermediate
Key Concepts addressed
- 1-1a Treatments can harm
- 2-3c Average measures of effects can be misleading
- 1-2e Comparisons are needed to identify treatment effects
- 1-2f Consider all of the relevant fair comparisons
This resource tells the story of a day in the life of a real clinical trial and explains the important differences between different trial phases. You will learn about statistical power, surrogate outcomes and how findings from trials included in specialized trial registers.
After using this resource, you should be able to:
- Describe the purpose of a specialized trial register such as ALOIS
- Differentiate between clinical trial phases
- Explain the purpose of power in designing clinical trials
This presentation requires Adobe Flash Player to run.