Finding and appraising qualitative evidence
Applying the results of trials and systematic reviews to individual patients< Back to search results
Paul Glasziou’s 28 slides addressing ‘Applying the results of trials and systematic reviews to individual patients’.
- Format Lessons
- Language/s English
- Target Audience Further education
- EBM Stage 4 - Decision making
- Duration >15 mins
- Difficulty Introductory
Key Concepts addressed
- 3-3b How certain is the evidence?
- 2-2b All fair comparisons and outcomes should be reported
- 2-3c Average measures of effects can be misleading
- 2-3d Fair comparisons with few people or outcome events can be misleading
- 3-2c Are the treatments practical in your setting?
Paul Glasziou asks Why is applicability a problem?, What are the issues?, and How can we improve?
He introduces a “5-step” process to check on the transferability of research evidence and its application to individuals.