Resources for teaching LR etc
Battling bad science< Back to search results
- Format Videos
- Language/s English
- Target Audience Self-directed learning
- EBM Stage 0 - Why EBM?
- Duration 5-15 mins
- Difficulty Introductory
Key Concepts addressed
- 1-3a Beware of conflicting interests
- 1-3c Expert opinion is not always right
- 3-2b Are you very different from the people studied?
- 1-2c Association is not the same as causation
- 1-2f Consider all of the relevant fair comparisons
- 1-2h Newer is not necessarily better
Every day there are news reports of new health advice, but how can you know if they’re right? Doctor and epidemiologist Ben Goldacre shows us, at high speed, the ways evidence can be distorted, from the blindingly obvious nutrition claims to the very subtle tricks of the pharmaceutical industry.
This talk was presented at an official TED conference