Evidence Essentials< Back to search results
A four-module self-directed learning course from Cochrane intended for members of the public and consumers of health services (i.e. patients) who want to learn about Evidence-Based Health Care.
- Format Lessons
- Language/s English
- Target Audience Self-directed learning
- EBM Stage 0 - Why EBM?
- Duration >15 mins
- Difficulty Introductory
Key Concepts addressed
- Beware of claims like these
- Check the evidence from treatment comparisons
- Make well-informed treatment choices
A four-module self-directed learning course by Cochrane intended for members of the public and consumers of health services (i.e. patients) who want to learn about Evidence-Based Health Care.
The four modules are:
- Evidence-based medicine
- Randomized controlled trials
- Introduction to systematic reviews
- Understanding and using systematic reviews
Modules should take 30-45 minutes each to complete. Although access is free, you have to sign up for a Cochrane account to access them.
You may also like
This workshop focuses on integrating Shared Decision Making (SDM) training and Evidence-Based Practice (EBP) training through providing video demonstration (to model the skills) followed by teaching how to interpret and communicate research evidence and decision aids.