Resources for teaching LR etc
Not all scientific studies are created equally< Back to search results
- Format Videos
- Language/s English
- Target Audience Self-directed learning
- EBM Stage 0 - Why EBM?
- Duration <5 mins
- Difficulty Introductory
Key Concepts addressed
- 1-3a Beware of conflicting interests
- 2-1a Comparison groups should be similar
- 2-1d People should not know which treatment they get
- 3-2b Are you very different from the people studied?
- 1-2c Association is not the same as causation
Every day, we are bombarded by attention grabbing headlines that promise miracle cures to all of our ailments — often backed up by a “scientific study.” But what are these studies, and how do we know if they are reliable? In this 5 minute video David H. Schwartz dissects two types of studies that scientists use, illuminating why you should always approach the claims with a critical eye.