For lecture on 3 June 2021
Some Studies That I Like to Quote< Back to search results
- Format Videos
- Language/s English
- Target Audience Further education
- EBM Stage 4 - Decision making
- Duration <5 mins
- Difficulty Intermediate
Key Concepts addressed
- 3-2a Do the outcomes measured matter to you?
- 3-2b Are you very different from the people studied?
- 1-3b Anecdotes are unreliable evidence
- 1-3c Expert opinion is not always right
- 1-2e Comparisons are needed to identify treatment effects
Some Studies That I like to Quote’ – another of James McCormack’s songs (4 mins) designed to get you thinking about the problem with strictly following cardiovascular guidelines/target shooting and NOT using evidence to help you and your patient make decisions. The lab coat logos are from top drug companies, top Rx medications and top guideline producers. Guidelines are useful but make sure you know the evidence or lack thereof.
A lyric sheet is provided and there is also a Spanish translation.