Resources for teaching LR etc
Testing Treatments< Back to search results
- Format Audio, Texts, Websites
- Language/s عربى, Català, 中文, Dansk, Deutsch, English, Español, Euskara, فارسی, Français, Hrvatski, Italiano, 日本語, 한국어, Norsk, Português, Pуcский, Svenska, ไทย, Türk
- Target Audience Self-directed learning
- Duration >15 mins
- Difficulty Introductory
Key Concepts addressed
- Beware of claims like these
- Check the evidence from treatment comparisons
- Make well-informed treatment choices
Testing Treatments is available as a PDF, Audio book or hypertext on this website. You can choose your language using the menu across the top of the screen.
- Read the Book (including Audio Book)
About Testing Treatments
The 1st edition of Testing Treatments was published by the British Library in 2006. It was a great success: thousands of copies of the paperback were sold and the book was translated into six languages. We made the text of the book and translations freely available through our other website – The James Lind Library: We stopped counting after there had been more than 130,000 free downloads.
The 2nd edition of Testing Treatments was published in 2011, and builds on the success of the 1st edition. As with the 1st edition, it urges everyone to get involved in improving current research and future treatment, and outlines practical steps that patients and health professionals can take together to do this. The full text of the 2nd edition is available for free download from this website, and the paperback and ebook editions can be purchased from the publisher – Pinter and Martin – or from online booksellers. The text is already available in some other languages, and translations into additional languages are being prepared.