Finding and appraising qualitative evidence
Vetenskapskafé Repo. Studiecirkel med reflektion över evidens och personcentrering i omvårdnad.< Back to search results
New educational material for critical thinking and evidence-based nursing, inspired by Testing treatments (Bättre behandling)
- Format Lessons, Texts
- Language/s Svenska
- Target Audience Further education, Self-directed learning
- EBM Stage 0 - Why EBM?, 1 - Asking focused questions, 2 - Finding the evidence, 3 - Appraising evidence
- Duration >15 mins
- Difficulty Introductory, Intermediate
Key Concepts addressed
- Beware of claims like these
- Too good to be true
- Based on faulty logic
- Based on trust alone
- Check the evidence from treatment comparisons
- Don’t be misled by unfair comparisons
- Don’t be misled by unreliable summaries of treatment comparisons
- Don’t be misled by how treatment effects are described
- Make well-informed treatment choices
- What is the problem and what are the options?
- Is the evidence relevant?
- Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
Adapted by nurses for self-study in groups of colleagues, organised in six group sessions with clinical cases. Main author: Prof Ania Willman, RN, PhD. Developed and published by The Swedish Society of Nursing with support from SBU, The Swedish Council on Assessment of Health Technology and Social Services