Vetenskapskafé Repo. Studiecirkel med reflektion över evidens och personcentrering i omvårdnad.< Back to search results
New educational material for critical thinking and evidence-based nursing, inspired by Testing treatments (Bättre behandling)
- Format Lessons, Texts
- Language/s Svenska
- Target Audience Further education, Self-directed learning
- EBM Stage 0 - Why EBM?, 1 - Asking focused questions, 2 - Finding the evidence, 3 - Appraising evidence
- Duration >15 mins
- Difficulty Introductory, Intermediate
Key Concepts addressed
- Beware of claims like these
- Too good to be true
- Based on faulty logic
- Based on trust alone
- Check the evidence from treatment comparisons
- Don’t be misled by unfair comparisons
- Don’t be misled by unreliable summaries of treatment comparisons
- Don’t be misled by how treatment effects are described
- Make well-informed treatment choices
- What is the problem and what are the options?
- Is the evidence relevant?
- Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
Adapted by nurses for self-study in groups of colleagues, organised in six group sessions with clinical cases. Main author: Prof Ania Willman, RN, PhD. Developed and published by The Swedish Society of Nursing with support from SBU, The Swedish Council on Assessment of Health Technology and Social Services
You may also like
Undervisning i KBP 1.år